Building high-end 'tables cheap at Home Despot II

“For those who want the moon but can't afford it or those who can afford it but like to have fun and work with their hands, I'm willing to give out a recipe for a true high-end 'table which is easy to do, and fun to make as sky's the limit on design/creativity! The cost of materials, including 'table, is roughly $200 (depending, more or less), and add to that a Rega tonearm. The results are astonishing. I'll even tell/show you how to make chipboard look like marble and fool and impress all your friends. If there's interest I'll get on with this project, if not, I'll just continue making them in my basement. The next one I make will have a Corian top and have a zebra stripe pattern! Fun! Any takers?”

The Lead in “Da Thread” as posted by Johnnantais - 2-01-04

Let the saga continue. Sail on, oh ships of Lenco!
mario_b
Thanks Lewm, as the French say, "d'accord," how right you are.

I have not even taken receipt of my 'new' used Sony PS 2250 and I have blue prints already finished?!

Thanks to all your feedback I shall think things through, which I admit I have not done yet, prior to kicking the chain saw to life. I tried to turn a Kenwood KD 600 into a Linn Sondeck, er, LP12 years ago and, objectively, now probably should and just will sit back and listen to the vintage piece and let it 'speak' to me. No reason to re-invent the wheel (thanks, e.g., to Jean Nantais and Albert Porter)...

Still, anyone who has interest in directing me towards achieving the maximum fidelity possible out of this imo gorgeous piece of equipment, I would certainly appreciate it. My slab of panzerholz is going under my SS amp... and my sand/lead shot filled box is going under my TT atop my Target wall mount (at least are my plans tonight :)
Don't know if of any interest to anybody, but I will start making a moded Lenco in a panzerholz plinth/base.
Details here: http://lenco.reference.xooit.fr/t146-Au-commencement.htm in French though.....

Cheers,

F.
Tres bien, François! Your fabrication work and photography continues to be of the "highest caliber". How about going a little more open-source with some of your reference sections for all to see?
All best,
Mario
Hi Mario,

Thanks for the nice words!

Well, easy to read the tutorials: register: no restrictions in registering though we appreciate a little introductory note ;-)
Note that non French speaking members are welcome too and will be helped with pleasure.

Be well!

F.
Francois, I have some limited reading comprehension of French, because I have studied Spanish and Latin. In going through the thread, I saw interesting photos of what looks like a bearing assembly. Can you tell us whose product that is? Is it available for sale or just something that was custom-made for or by one person? Thanks.