Building high-end 'tables cheap at Home Despot II

“For those who want the moon but can't afford it or those who can afford it but like to have fun and work with their hands, I'm willing to give out a recipe for a true high-end 'table which is easy to do, and fun to make as sky's the limit on design/creativity! The cost of materials, including 'table, is roughly $200 (depending, more or less), and add to that a Rega tonearm. The results are astonishing. I'll even tell/show you how to make chipboard look like marble and fool and impress all your friends. If there's interest I'll get on with this project, if not, I'll just continue making them in my basement. The next one I make will have a Corian top and have a zebra stripe pattern! Fun! Any takers?”

The Lead in “Da Thread” as posted by Johnnantais - 2-01-04

Let the saga continue. Sail on, oh ships of Lenco!
mario_b
well I think I jumped the gun a bit on your stance concerning idlers. Regardless, we're a weird bunch, us auduophools, but at the end of the day we all share one thing: a passion for good music, and damn good sound! Amen.
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Lenco specific audio site, Lenco-Lovers is down. Whether this is a temporary stoppage or portends to a more permanent demise, will remain a matter of conjecture until Francois elects to post an explanation. It would seem that this thread can serve as a temporary kiosk for those Lenco-Lovers members who are currently displaced. I would encourage folks not to revisit recriminations that may, or may not have led to the demise of Lenco-Lovers.
If this is the end of Lenco-Lovers, I'm sure my heartfelt thanks to Francois for having "carried on" and run the site for some 30 months will be echoed by many.
In the meantime, I hope that we may find the resources to continue on with a new Lenco devoted site, should LL be no more.

All best,
Mario
Hi Gadfly, did you get that third strike? :( Btw, do you know how to dismantle the tonearm on your Thorens? I got ripped buying one on the bay, but it might be rescued if I can get it apart. Tia, Cheers