Building high-end 'tables cheap at Home Despot II

“For those who want the moon but can't afford it or those who can afford it but like to have fun and work with their hands, I'm willing to give out a recipe for a true high-end 'table which is easy to do, and fun to make as sky's the limit on design/creativity! The cost of materials, including 'table, is roughly $200 (depending, more or less), and add to that a Rega tonearm. The results are astonishing. I'll even tell/show you how to make chipboard look like marble and fool and impress all your friends. If there's interest I'll get on with this project, if not, I'll just continue making them in my basement. The next one I make will have a Corian top and have a zebra stripe pattern! Fun! Any takers?”

The Lead in “Da Thread” as posted by Johnnantais - 2-01-04

Let the saga continue. Sail on, oh ships of Lenco!
mario_b
Hi Mario,
Well done !!!
So, back on the saddle!
Mosin had posted something about a new concept about the idler's assembly or something like that. Mosin ...?...If you read this, can you tell us more about it?
Just to fill everybody in … it is our hope that this “Despot II” is temporary, as we understand that the staff at AudioGon is hard at work trying to restore the original monster thread that was accidentally deleted two days ago. So this is a stop-gap for those of us who take this connection like our daily bread. That said … adversity truly is the mother of all inventions and Jlin what a service you have performed! Your putting together that digest is something that has been needed for a long time and should be reposted periodically on the old thread once it has been restored.

Just last night I received an e-mail from someone completely new to this who was bitten by the original lead in. I directed him to many of the sources that you used, but now I’ll contact him again and direct him to Jlin’s post #1.

And Mosin, like Grant, I’m thoroughly intrigued (and teased) by your hints of this innovational Lenco Idler modification.

Lastly, if AudioGon is willing, I will paste all postings to this thread to the tail of the original once it’s back up.

Sail on, oh fleets of Idlers!

Mario
My thanks to all The Activists for lighting the Candle of Hope ! I really do look forward to my daily dose of "Da Thread".

May The Lenco Brotherhood (...remember - Ladies Welcome too) continue in the same spirit of support and encouragement we've enjoyed in the past !

On a personal note, my own L75 proceeds at a glacial pace - but Rome wasn't built in a day... and history shows how Rome crushed all in it's path. Likewise for my TT.

Cheers...
Grant