What time do you wear?

What watch, if any, graces your wrist? Does time matter? You know: time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Either way.
khrys
Dinner time last night. We ate at an indian restaurant, and I got vindaloo on my shirt.
10-07-11: Albertporter

I've never heard of a number close to $2000 for routine maintenance. Something seems amiss if the watch is as pristine as you state.

That quote was from Omega Switzerland, however the dealer could be adding substantial markup. I have no way of knowing
Hello Albert,
just wanted to follow-up with you re. my recent experience with Omega service. I shipped the NJ office my Omega Seamaster Chrono 300M for full service. Once they received the watch they detailed what was going to be serviced which was as follows - complete dismantling of movement so that they could oil & lube the same, all watch hands replaced, crown replaced, all push buttons replaced, all seal rings replaced, I had dinged the bezel so I had them replace that as well, polish braclet & clasp, re-secure braclet at watch end.
Omega service NJ took 2.5 months to get the service done (which was a painful wait) but they were very reasonable about the pricing. Cost me less than $1000 & it would have been much less if I hadn't asked for the bezel replacement. That bezel was expensive! The watch service comes with a 2 year warranty (just like any new luxury watch you buy). I received the watch yesterday - it looks brand new! I wound it up by hand & in my watch winder. Working great so far.....
I was very antsy shipping my watch but I paid extra for the shipping insurance at FedEx & Fedex did a great job get the watch to them & back in 2 days transit time each way.
Thus far I'm quite pleased with what Omega Service NJ has done for me. Plus, on the phone, they were very courteous & answered all my questions without rushing me.