Record Cleaning Machine

Would like recomendations on machines.
jaydiane
I own the VPI 16.5,but have a different viewpoint.After cleaning multiple lp's,with it,I cannot clearly decipher the very subtle inner details of the finest "first pressings" that my record collection is "rife" with!

Good excuse to "sell" my wife on going for a Loricraft!

Also,after using my noisy but beloved VPI,I have a hard time hearing her call me in to dinner,from my dedicated room,which is about twenty feet from the kitchen.Good excuse #2,for going for a Loricraft.

Only problem is that I am currently sinking about three grand into my set-up,for mods/updates/new "gizmos",and am making an expensive "med school" graduation party for my son,next month.

Yet I really want a Loricraft!!!

Anyone have a solution to my dilemma? -:)
SirSpeedy,

Surely if you "sold" your wife you'd clear enough for a Loricraft. Where's the dilemma?
I've been using my DIY rcm for a few years and have had a few opportunities to compare it with a VPI 16.5. Mine wins hands down if what you're looking for is the absolute loudest vacuum in a rcm. (I've got to build a better cabinet, maybe in the next room or a closet with a really long hose.) My wife giggles at this because I absolutely hate the sound of a vacuum running in the house. Central vac in our current house has solved that issue, but she never misses a chance to point out to me how loud my rcm is. But, it's my vinyl!

Hummmmmmmm? Wife? Loricraft? Wife? Lori. . . Oh hell, I'm sure gonna' miss her!
Another vote for the Loricraft RCM's. As Doug said perviously, this is one piece that I will never sell.
Rgds,
Larry
I use an Audio Advisor Record Doctor for cleaning my LPs - usually 40-50 per month. It is as noisy as a VPI. My solution for the noise - ear protectors. El cheapo ear plugs for 25 cents a pair will work fine. If you find ear plugs uncomfortable, as I do, go to your local sporting goods store and buy some shooting earmuffs - $19.95. If plugs or muffs can protect your hearing from gunshots, it will certainly protect your ears from your RCM.

Take your choice: Keith Monks/Loricraft OR $200 RCM plus ear protection plus 100s to 1,000s of LPs.