Helikon LOADING

Hi, I am really confused as to what is the right loading for this cartridge. The info that came with cartridge recommends 100 ohms to 47 K ohms. The inernal resistance is 5.5 ohms. This is quite a big range to decipher the 'correct' loading or 'equalization'(my analogy)and also tough to find the right phono that matches with unknown loading. I am auditioning few phonos at present and want to slect the right combination.

Also I want to have phono that is future proof, that is if I explore in multiple different cartridges, the phono amp is/will be compatible with these Carts. I read form past threads that general guideline is 25 times its internal impedance. How hard and fast this rule is?

So what is YOUR HELIKON LOADING? and how did you decide this value?

thx,

Nil
nilthepill
Dear Gmorris: This is only to clarify: when I speak about manufacturer load impedance recomennded I'm speaking not about the very wide impedance value range that usually comes on the manual I'm speaking that I ask directly to the manufacturer for his advice about, so that wide range scale it converts in a single value or a very short value range. Normally the load impedance that " see " the cartridge is: the one from the tonearm internal wires, the one from the tonearm interconnect cable and the input impedance of the phonopreamp that in a well phono stage design is the resistor at the input: the one that we can change it for modified the load impedance value.
These three impedance stages are the ones that we have to taje in count fo to have the right load impedance value where the frequency response is flat. There are others subjects about like what you say: " by stray impedances ", but those other subjects does not affect signify the frequency response. And yes we can go in deep about any time you want: welcomed!!!

" is not purely resistive, it contains a reactive component. ". Btw, is inductive and capacitive.

Regards and enjopy the music.
Raul.
I have never owned a cartridge that I did not experiment with,regarding proper loading.I only care about how it performs based upon my tastes.Yes,the ultimate loading usually complies with a mfgr recommendation,but not always.Not "set in stone"!
So my conclusions(which is NO guarantee of anything,other than "I like it,in my system,that way")are---

Gmorris "1"!!

Raul "0"!!

BTW--I still love you both-:)

Don't get too carried away,with my affections though!!!
Raul:

Z = R + iX

I refer to the non resistive part as reactive (reactance)
You can have capacitive reactance and inductive reactance.

So what is your point?
Gmorris - isn't it Z*Z=R*R + iX*iX?

Other thing, nobody has talked about loading providing mechanical damping of the cartridge. I wonder if it is important?
Dear Sirspeedy: Before you can play the judge role we have to stay, all, on the same " road ".

One thing is what you like and other thing is what it be. I don't care what you like about ( this is another matter ), I care what it be and I'm talking what it be about.

Gmorris: pleare re-read my clarify post. Nothing more than that. My point of view is clear which yours? and remember this is not a contest it is only an opportunity to help to other people.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.