What phono stage candidates should I consider?

I will be taking delivery of a new linestage, the Emotive Audio Epifania (tube-based), which will be replacing a Mark Levinson Ref. No. 32 that has a built-in phono stage. I am therefore in the market for a new phono stage. My cartridge is a Lyra Titan, which is mounted on a Basis Vector arm/Basis Debut (vacuum) table combination.

I can, realistically, only review a small number of candidate linestages in my own system, so I need to determine which stages to consider. If I find one that I like, I will go with it and I do not plan on driving myself crazy chasing after the "best."

Some of the relevant details about the Titan are as follows: It is rated at .5mV output and has an internal impedance of 5.5 ohms. Lyra specifies loading of 10 ohms to 47k ohm (they recommend the higher end of the range, i.e, unloaded). If mated to a step up transformer, they recommend 4-6 ohms, not exceeding 10 ohms.

One of the candidates I am looking at is the Artemis PL-1 phono stage. It is a tube-base unit that utilizes a transformer to step up the voltage. I don't know which model of transformer they use, but the brand is a Sowter (my guess is the 1:20 model specified for cartridges with a 3-15 internal impedance).

I can also get in for audition a Ray Samuels Emmeline. I will also be borrowing a friend's phono stage that is made locally, in the Washington D.C. area, by Deja Vu Audio (tube based/Jensen transformer or a more expensive model with Audionote trannies).

I am looking for any comments as to which candidates to consider and any helpful detail of experience mating the Titan with a good phono stage. I do hope to keep cost under $8,000 or so, if that is possible.

Thanks.
larryi
Another outstanding though little known phonostage is made by Viva. It is a 2 chassis unit with an innovative power supply that uses a 300B tube as a rectifier. The sonics when used with my Duos were addictively fabulous. Excellent top, bottom, and midrange, timbre was very realistic and dynamics were also a strong attribute. The unit works well with low output cartridges (no stepup needed) and runs very quiet.
More great ideas thanks! I did not know that Viva makes a phono stage. I've heard their latest amps, which I think sound pretty good, which is an encouraging sign. I think I have a channel to get in the Viva.

The Klyne is also an interesting recommendation. I heard it many years ago in a very nice sounding system. I was also impressed with the impeccable build quality of the unit.
So many choices, I wish there was a way to listen to all of them. I've had four very different phono stages in my system -- Joule Electra OPS/2, 47 Labs Phono Cube, Dynavector P-75 and Tom Evans Groove Plus. I settled on the Groove Plus. I probably don't need to extoll its virtues since many other owners and reviewers have done so. Suffice it to say, it keeps you on your toes -- meaning immediacy, impact, dynamics and scale are its strengths. It doesn't have the bloom of the Joule Electra, but it makes for very exciting listening. A new phono stage that I'm considering is from Tron -- the UK based manufacturer. It is tube based and it's called "Seven." I always missed the delicacy, warmth (not syrupy),liquidity, openness of the Joule Electra. My ideal would be to have all of that plus the Groove Plus. The answere might be the Seven, for me at least. There is one unit of these in America and its in NYC at Tron's NA distributor, High Water Sound. I've heard it several times, and have been blown away by it. It costs considerably less than the Groove Plus. My analogo set up is a Platine Verdier, DaVinci Grandezza 12" arm, Dynavector XV-1s.
Mr. Terry,

Do you have any idea how much the Tron Seven will be sold for? It is not yet described on any website.