AC vs DC motor?

OK...I am getting more and more interested in a new turntable and tonearm so will be coming to you all for advice and direction. I have a VIP Aries with the 10.5 arm and a Heilkon cartridge. I am interested in a Teres or Gailibier but both have DC motors. Please tell me the advantages or disadvantages of this type of motor.
rwd
And there is no one who can share their experience?????

I'd just like to find out if anyone when form a D/c (or A/C motor on their turntable) to the other format. What were the differences? The good and /or bad results?
Is a battery powered motor a pain? Do you constantly have to check or change the battery?
Thanks for your support!
Rwd, I have the Redpoint/Galbier DC motor controller. Prior to that I had a VPI TT with SDS AC controller. The Galibier seems quieter to me with less motor vibration to deal with. My original battery lasted about 2 years and I purchased another for about $65 to replace it. The new one is more powerful and will most likely last longer. The only advantage of the VPI with SDS was that it was easy to dial in and lock the speed with the digital readout. I picked up a KAB strobe which really helps make it easier to dial in speed with the DC controller. Overall I feel that DC is the better way to go.
Thanks Dmailer!! Now were getting someplace! Anymore?

P.S. How did you know the battery was dying? Does it have an indicator light?
I replaced the battery when I noticed that it was not taking on a full charge. The power was depleting rather quick after a charge. It was still working when I stopped using it but I decided to get a new one before it gave out completely. I bought a Vector 450 amp jump starter and it works just fine. A fringe benefit is that you can jump start your car with it if need be.