Jan Allaerts Cartridge Experience?

I've heard some good things about the Jan Allerts MC1B and MC1B Mk II cartridges . These seem pretty rare and there seems to be limited fedback on them.

Do any of you have direct experience? If so how do they compare to other top cartridges, e.g., Zyx, Lyra, Dynavector, Koetsu, Clearaudio?

Thanks for the feedback.
aoliviero
Dear Andrew: Why don't send an e-mail to Jan and Franck asking for their opinion about Schroeder/Allaerts matching.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Gregm,

That's very valuable information. Seems like ~0.5mv would be possible but requires special care. Where was the volume set in most cases (of course depends on speakers)? 12-2 O'clock?

The MC1B MkII actually has 0.7 mv output which would probably fare better. My frustration is that there aren't many "great" cartridges much above 0.5-0.7 mv.

Do you still have your CAT pre? What cartridge do you use now?

Thanks for your inputs.
Dear Andrew: Yes, the 0.7mv Allaerts cartridge will be very confortable with your preamp, almost confortable like you will.

Raul.
Raul,

Thanks. Comfort is a good thing. I'm getting more and more comfortable every day as the system is coming together.

New question: How does the Allerts do with a diet of 70% rock, 30% Jazz/classical? Does it have the "punch"? Are the Lyra or Zyx line better with these musical tatses?

Thanks,

Andrew
Dear Andrew: +++++ " Does it have the "punch"? " +++++

Absolutely, yes it is very good on that area. I don't have any doubt that you will be satisfied.

Raul.