Lenco tables

I've read so many excellent, almost unbelievable threads on how good a modded lenco table sounds, that i talked my friend into buying one, and now he is mad at me, because he had only two words to describe his new purchase, "it sucks" !! whats up, why oh why, did you lead me down the wrong path ???
readster
Thanks for the input all!

David I e-mailed you......Dan, I'll try calling you!

P.S. Didn't Albert Porter do a Lenco project...hey Albert???
Rick...will give you a call early this week. In and out the rest-o-the-weekend. Albert had one built for him (plinth). He was in the very good but not great category previously. Not sure where he stands now. Keep in mind his system.

I will say this. While I have heard many tables both cheap and expensive, and I do think the rebuilts will hold their own with some, it is NOT my contention that they are the best table one can own or that they will kick the pants of anything. Rather, they are very good and very, very good for the money. There is a danger of overhyping anything and I feel that some are getting pretty close to the edge on the description of these. OTOH, with respect to beauty as in furniture art beauty, the possibility of having something that sounds great which is also visually stunning is much greater with a rebuilt than what is available on the market.
Shameless plug. Must sell Lenco L75 built by Jean himself.
Please see auctions if interested.
Thanks.