Linear Tracking Turntables

I currently have a Yamaha PX-3 linear tracking turntable, and it was working beatifully until I damaged the tonearm transport. (don't ask). I'm impressed with the performance I got out of it until I damaged it. I'll probably get another one from Ebay, but I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with these other linear tracking turntables that can fit standard mount carts: the Revox BX791 and 795 series, the Mitsubishi vertican turntables, and the Pionner/Phase Linear models. Which of these has the best linear arm?

Steve
arnold_layne
4 or 5 years ago when i got back into analog, i cleaned up my Mitsubishi LT5-V and put an lp on. It sounded constapated and hollow. I decided to pull the cover and look inside. The signal path from the cartridge was interupted so many times via connections and boards, I knew it was a pretty hopless cause. My ears had just outgrown it. That put me on my journy to this website.
You haven't heard anything until you hear one of these tonearms like the ET2 or the other air bearing tonearms out there. I think there is one called the MG-1 and it goes around $500. You can find a Technics SP-10, SP15, or SP25 if you don't want to spend big bucks put the air bearing with one of these tables and you will have a very nice sound table and would be far better than the Yamaha you had which is a nice sounding table. The only drawn back is the initial setup of the Air bearing tonearms (you need patience for this) but once its setup and balanced correctly on a firm table stand you wont have to mess with again for a while, only to do regular fine tuning that you would do normally with any table. Just something to consider.

Steve.
My experience is with the LT 5-V.The thinking is right but the execution was mediocre with todays standards.If you have the skills and money and time to go for it,it can rock your world.Change the cable to silver from head to rca
throw away the flexing feet and replace with solid 3cm thick mdf and take the motor with a longer belt and power supply outside the turntable and finally do a little damping of the chassis and you 're there!