Walker Audio Proscenium Turntable: Photo Essay

For those with an interest in such things, the Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature turntable is the subject of a extended photo essay at Positive Feedback Online. Editor David Robinson took detailed photos of the turntable as it was being assembled and installed by Lloyd Walker and Fred Law at Robinson's home and he has now published those photos, with his comments, at the web site.

If you've ever wondered about what's "under the covers" of this turntable, here's the closest you can come without actually being present while one is set up. (Robinson also publishes his review of the Walker Proscenium at the end of the photo essay.)
128x128rushton
Afro18 (Marty), Lloyd's design philosophy and thinking about tweaks are outlined to some extend in some online articles, but you'll have to do some reading and piece it together. Here are some of the articles and interviews...

...Lloyd's own discussion at WalkerAudio.com of his philosophy
...and his approach to evaluating components

...Srajan Ebaen's article from 2002 at EnjoyTheMusic.com

...Mike Malinowski's interview at 6moons.com, and his review of the turntable

"The magic is in the details."
..... Lloyd Walker
Rushton,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!

With all the insight and knowledge that Mr. Walker has (humm...might have to play that song on a Wes Montgomery lp), this information is nothing less than a miracle to have. I can't wait untill this weekend when I will start 'tweaking' my system with his insight.

Marty
Good luck, Marty. And you're welcome. The details really make the difference.

BTW, there are quite a few other articles/reviews that will give more insight into Lloyd's philosophy and the impact of his various products available on the web at Positive-Feedback.com, EnjoyTheMusic.com, 6moons.com, and elsewhere. I can offer links to more, or search the archives at these ezine sites.
For those with continuing interest, Positive Feedback has posted a video with Lloyd Walker discussing his design philosophy and showing details of the turntable:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue23/toc23.htm
(scroll down the table of contents to "Videocasts")

Direct link to the video:
Lloyd Walker of Walker Audio
Okay Rush, we get it. You love the the Walker arm and tt. Now you need to run a finaciial seminar.
1. How to pay for the walker with your home equity without telling your wife.
2. How to deduct it from your taxes.

Given the way pensions are disappearing it might a good idea to cash out now.