Tube Phonostage help

I want to add a tube phonostage to my two channel system. I am leaning towards the audio research PH3 SE or the EAR 834P MM/MC Version. Since i have no place in town to listen or compare, i need your help. Any suggestions or preferences on these two units. Cartridge will be a MC at around .8-.9V

Thanks
Steve
case04
Look into the Hagerman Coronet (I settled on the Trumpet and if you want to stretch your budget this is a good choice) or K&K audio phono stage (I use their step-up with my Trumpet) as well. I can't recall on the Hagerman or K&K, but Decware offers a 30 day trial period. I just went through an extended in house comparison of several phono stages so this is all pretty fresh in my mind.
i can strongly reccomend the E.a.r. but i think 0.8 or more will overload the input of the 834p or (because of the strong signal) the input of the following amplifier as happened with my Benz M2 (0.8 mV). i had to trim down the volume on the E.a.r. to keep my Gryphon Tabu from distorting.

i also have a ARC PH5 wich is miles ahead of the E.a.r....and the PH5 is supposed to be better than the PH3 SE...but the PH3 SE may be better than the E.a.r. you have to try.
Thanks Xronx: I have never owned tube gear before. I want to start out with a phonostage and take it from there. Thats a good point about the overload, it seems that a .8v to ,9v might work on some higher gain MM outputs. I think think the EAR puts out 65 gain and somewhere around 45 or so in the MM stage, this might mate better with the MM position. Or i could go with the ACE low MC or the Glider ,4v MC cartridge. this might work better in the MC position. Any other thoughts from anyone. I already have high MC cartridges and i would like to go with a lower MC.

Steve
i tried the MM position on the E.a.r. but in my system the MC position caused a more meaty, colorful sound wich i liked better. and before the benz wood i had also a first generation ACE Low wich was a good match with the E.a.r...but if you go for a low output model a Benz L2 would also be worth a try...