I'm Looking For the Best

I've been sitting on the fence, but now I'm willing to go whole hog and grab the golden ring atop the mountain in the clouds in the house upon the hill. I want the BEST. Not just in your opinion the BEST, but in absolute fact the BEST. Price is absolutely no object. I have terminal audiophilitis and the MDs are only giving me a few decades more to live, so I'm going to splurge. I want something that blows away the competition. I want something that immediately announces to the world that it is the BEST of the BEST. It should be designed by the best engineer and contain the BEST parts. It should remove veils, peer deep into the recording that the musicians see me sitting in the room looking at them play and have so much musicality that Sondheim writes his next score specifically for it to perform.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, but the BEST must have a direct input for an iPod.

Thanks in advance.
128x128onhwy61
Even if you do achieve the best I-pod system, there will be a better I-pod system next year. The only way you can truly have the best is if you can also stop time. If you reach that point, please stop time on a Saturday so I am not at work....oh, and preferrably in the summer - thanks.
This is so easy. No system is needed, as nothing will satisfy, so forget about even looking at gear.

Have your dentist implant a specially tuned amalgam using 5/9's silver in your lower right molar so you can pick up any musical signal. It doesn't matter where the signal originates, only that there is a signal. The direct bone-2-brain transmission eliminates any possible corruption of the signal. People will wonder why you have a grin on your face all the time.

BTW, there are no limitations on what you can do with the playback, as you are in control of all parameters. This is not the Outer Limits-this is your reality.
BEAVIS: "Onhwy61: How about we make a deal that when you've "reached the summit of bestiality", we'll just take your word for it..."

BUTTHEAD: Uh, is that like having s@x with animals? Uh, huh huh...
Just pick up any old copy of Stereophile, every single month they hear something that is better then ever before.
Hell' tracks that they have heard hundreds of times reveal new hidden joys monthly....just every 30 days you will have to buy something new but how cool is that!?
Maybe thats why Wilson's are on Microwave cart casters... perhaps it is so at the end of the month you can wheel them out to bring in the next big thing,.... or maybe its because they are heavy.
You are obviously smokin' the BEST (state OK'd pain relief, I'm sure! and I'd just like your connection with phone #!
Ohhhhh.....just go ahead and post it HERE for ALL of us!
:-)