Dynavector XV-1s set up

Hi,

I've just got a new XV-1s and am trying to set it up using a Plinius M14, which I am using temporarily. The Plinius offers Cartridge Loads of 22, 47, 100, 470, 1k and 47k. The XV-1s' literature is very limited but gives a recommended load of "more than 30 ohms". Can anyone advise me on what setting will work best on the Plinius?

Also, how long will the XV-1s take to run-in? And, finally, any other set up tips and advice will be warmly welcomed.

Many thanks
dgob
Dear Dgob: About VTF, I ask direct to Dynavector and they told me that 2.5 is the safe-top limit for VTF in the XV-1.

I'm using 2.4 and I'm very satisfied.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Raul,

A huge thanks as ever. I suspect this will be the best match for my pending amplification. Speak soon
It has since been generally agreed that the XV-1s performs best at around 2.1g VTF. However, it might be worth trying it with a slightly greater weight until it is broken in. SO far, I have found the best tonearm match to be with an Ikeda IT407 with a light weight (very cheap) Altai headshell and set up with the Feikert protractor. From my experience, the improvement in sound from usuing the protractor and disregarding the manufacturer's instructions if phenomenal.

I am as close to reality/live performances as I have ever been with any analogue set up. I know that Raul has had a great experience using his XV-1 with an Audiocraft AT3300 and hope to try this out at some future point. For now, setting the XV-1s/Ikeda/Altai combination up using Dr. Feickert's protractor at 2.1g VTF is a recommendation I can honestly make.

I hope this helps
Interesting. I find my XV-1s sounds best to me around 1.85 grams. I suppose the arm being used may have something to do with what VTF works best for anyone.
Dear Dgob: +++++ " I am as close to reality/live performances as I have ever been with any analogue set up. " +++++

That is all about and what it matters, stay in that way.

regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.