Anyone heard the Sota Millenia?

Looks good on paper and comes from good lineage. I like the composite materials and vacuum hold down. It would be nice to get a solution for a second arm but I would contact Sota for such an idea. I would be concerned about the sapphire jewel bearing as I've heard that jeweled bearings can shatter.
dan_ed
Hi Prhifi,

I guess you could say in the simplest of terms that I was just ready for a change. I have been fortunate over the last several years to be able to devote time, energy and money to this hobby. (My wife is great! She's put up with all of my hobbies over the years.) The table is not the only system change I have made lately. I recently replaced my BAT preamp with an Aesthetix Calypso to mate with the Rhea I've had for a while. The Calypso was an experiment and taught me that there is a whole other world out there that can be found with tube rolling. I am a huge fan of BAT and their rock solid equipment produces wonderful sound, but I've got to spend some time in this tube rolling world. To help on my journey I've also added some Rogue M150 mono-blocks to power the mid and upper drivers of my 10t's. More tube rolling in these the last few days and I'm starting to get some scary good depth and realism to the soundstage, even with my CDP. Hopefully with all of this as background you can see where I'm coming from.

The two arm setup is something I really want to do, however a dual arm 2500 is $9000 without the arms and I still wouldn't have the vacuum hold down or an upgraded speed controller, etc. Basis makes very good stuff and a Vector Model 3 tonearm is also on my wish list. Believe me I have had to keep telling myself that the 2500 is really gone. I just need to take a different journey for a while.
Dan,if you want some voicing options,equal to the difference in sound between two arms,get some different brands,but high quality NOS tubes.This will definitely give you a bang,for the buck.Unfortunately it'll probably cost as much as the additional arm,with the prices for good NOS being absurd,these days!!In my phono-stage I currently have KILLER Siemens CCa's.I,also have two different sets of superb Ediswan phono tubes(as back-ups).Different characteristics with the Ediswans having a bit more swagger,but the CCa's(mine are lower noise than almost any previously available)that I have are like listening to GOD's phono section.Only a fellow hobbyist,like you could understand!

Best regards!
Speedy, I'm just beginning to learn what you already have found with tube choices so I do appreciate the "God's phono section" description. (Good chuckle on that one!) That technique you mention about voicing with the with the tubes is something I had not given serious thought to. I mean the idea is right there in my face but I hadn't connected the dots. I haven't started seriously buying tubes for my phono stage yet but I'm already down over a grand with driver tubes for the amps and some good Telefunkens and Amperex in the pre. But with the excellant results that I'm getting I do believe that this "tube sound" is the major part of what I've been looking for. The depth, ambiance and timbre are all there, with my damn CD player! Oh well, it's a no lose situation. The last two tables I've bought because I was there at the right time. That's just what it took to get me where I'm at now. This time I want to take some time and make an well though out decision on this one.

Thanks and keep those ideas coming!

Dan
Dear Dan: I agree with you: the vacumm hold down is a very desirable " must " in a TT. Basis and Sota are good examples on it.

You can try to find ( second hand ) and Audio Technica vacuum hold down platter and " open " your TT choices . Then you can choose, for example, for an Acoustic Signature Mambo TT that is a multi-arm TT at very good price and is a great performer too.

Looking at your very fine system: maybe a XV-1 Dynavector cartridge can give you a lot of music pleasure over what you have today.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Thanks for the suggestions, Raul. I almost bought an Acoustic Signature table here in the listing, but waited to long. I no longer have the Basis so I'll have to wait until I get another table to try the Dynavector.