Calling all ZYX aficionados

Greetings
I am considering purchasing a ZYX Airy 3X. I do not know if my Atma-Sphere MP-3 will work with the low output Airy.
I am using a Koetsu Rosewood Sign., which is .6mV. I have used a Denon DL-103R which has .43mV with no problem. I have a pair of S&B TX-103 step up transformers installed in the MP-3, which gives me 26 db more again.
I am using a Teres 245, with a Teflon platter, and a Morch DP-6 arm.
Thank you for your comments
Bryan
bryanp
Sirspeedy, would you prefer your eggs sunny side up or scambled ?
Rgds,
Larry
Sirspeedy - nice post. As I am sure you well know, most audiophiles are intelligent enough to realize that a lunch-time audition is not enough to produce a definitive result.

I presume your reference to Arthur (and how your adopting his way of looking at things) is in reference to his "Reviewing the Reviewers" stance, however you might also note that Arthur lists a ZYX cartridge at the top of his recommended components list.
Dear Sirspeedy: +++++ " .Especially in something like a cartridge,where so many factors,some taking MULTIPLE listening sessions to become obvious,are at play!! " +++++

I always agree with this statement.

+++++ " ,it simply MUST be compared to ALL of the top performers(and there are,now,MANY)to become as HOLY in perception as some of the AUDIOGONERS have allowed this design to appear to be. " +++++

This is exactness what I already post in some threads about.

+++++ " .Let's see what happens when the ultimate test of time allows comparison to many of the BIG HITTERS,in the cartridge domain. " +++++

I agree, too: the time always put all things in place.

+++++ " by the few 'Goners that can't wait for the subject of this design to come up in a thread . " +++++

What's going on with you: experience 'Goners ?

Sirspeedy: good post.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I read all the post above and there is one fact which makes me really wondering: all the Hype about this or that cartridge, installed in 1 hour between eating a sandwich and drinking a coke ... etc. etc. , is someone out there ( except Raul, because he is one of the critical ones ) who really works with Cartridges ?
Not buying because you have the cash, I mean trying to look what it really can do ??
Work means : Set up ( when I remember some threads from Dougdeacon and some others where they described the H U G E sonic differences when changing the VTA a hair more ore less ) or azimuth ( More importnat than VTA, IMO ) and what I miss is the name of the used Phono Stage. I think, that's important, because from my own experience I can say, with an average one, in most cases it is simply impossible to rate a cartridge. You can write a little bit about a sonic change, but what the cart. is able to do, specially the expensive ones, is only possible with a first rate phono stage. It may sound a bit cruel, sorry for that, but without that any discussion about top performers is wasted time.
And what table is used for that ( with a coloured LP12 the result is different than with a Simon Yorke )
Dear Thomas: +++++ " , is only possible with a first rate phono stage. It may sound a bit cruel, sorry for that, but without that any discussion about top performers is wasted time. " +++++

This statement is something that I support for many years, I agree with you. This is my last reference about that I post on " my system ":

+++++ " Btw, in my opinion this analog audio stage is the must extremly critical for the quality/accuracy of the music/sound reproduction in any audio system. " +++++

You really can't do a serious/liable tests/reviews of cartridges with out a top performance phono stage, that has to be: low noise, low distortion, impedance versatile, extreme accurate, etc...

We have to remember that in this single stage we have to reproduce ( mimic ) exactly ( inverted RIAA equalization ) the signal that comes from the cartridge ( that in theory is what was record in the recording process and that comes with the RIAA equalization standards. ) and any deviation from this RIAA equalization do big changes to everything about.

I know that any single deviation on any link of the audio chain, do severe changes on the quality music/sound reproduction, but in my opinion and when we are talking about analog reproduction: nothing is more important that our PHONO STAGE.

If any one want to build anything, at a high quality level, ( from a cycle to an airplane ), it is not enough the know-how and the skill to do it, we have to have: the right tools to do it.

Regards and enjoy the music.

Raul.