ELP laser turntable - any comments?

I tried searching for info on the ELP laser tt here and was surprised to find nothing. i'd love to hear comments from true vinyl lovers: how does this compare to other rigs you've heard?
if you're curious, the website is www.audioturntable.com
kublakhan
Theloveman, what you suggest is what I would hope to do. This would cause me several problems, however, mainly space and isolation support for the ELP.

Having know Joe Grado and having asked him why he held the patient on the moving coil but did not make them, I can assure you that the ringing on the leading edge is exactly why he did not do moving coils.

Thanks again for your informative posts.

Norm
Norm, I can appreciate the space problem, but don't put too much energy into the need for isolation support for the ELP. One of the principal advantages of the Laser table over a standard table is that it is virtually immune to feedback. I purchased my laser table because I moved to a new home where I ended up with an upstairs listening room. The floor is sort of a flexi-flyer, so my VPI would go into contortions when I would walk across the room, and bass frequencies were problematic as well. Rather than go to all the trouble to do a wall or ceiling mount, I tried the LT. It has proven immune to footfall, and as near as I can tell, to acoustic feedback as well.

BTW, I had forgotten that Joe Grado held the patent on the moving coil, and I am quite certain that your assertion as to why he never endorsed them or manufactured them is right on. Thanks for reminding me.
Theloveman - we're still all here and reading. you've been so throrough there's not much left to say. thanks for the review and all the info. there's a ton of good stuff in this thread. it's a great archive.
What can we say? There are many positive and negative comments about the laser turntable in the industry. Most negative ones are from those that have not heard it or refuse to "hear" it when they are listening to it. As a dealer we have compared it to many conventional turntables and many other formats including master tape . There is no comparison out there unless you are spending upwards of $20-$60,000.00. You must hear the laser turntable for yourself and make your own judgement. If you can afford it we welcome anyone to send us a deposit . We will then ship them one to demo for 2 weeks and let them decide what is and what should never be. Once you hear it in your system you will never want to let it go. Believe it!
don't believe all the other crap you read on the internet. I use my LT daily and am enthralled at every record I feed it even after 2 years! amazing!