Best turntable for easy setup and no maintenence?

Looking for a turntable that is not only good but easy to set up and does not need much tweaking or maintenence.

I have about 1500 to spend on table, arm, and, cart.

Used is fine.

Let the opinions fly!
drken
Music halls. The Regas sound bright to me. If you have more money get a Teres, Nottingham, or VPI.
another would be a Scheu Cello with rb250 mounted; about a grand landed from Germany. Uses same bearing as the more expensive Premier Mk II (Absolute Sound recommended component a few years back). Very nice unit with a moderate sized footprint.
VPI Scout has received good reviews @ $1600.00 VPI historically require little or no maintenance.
I got a Music Hall MMF-7 with cart for 1,000 bucks. I was told this is a good place to start. I will tell you that vinyl will not sound like a CD. I like it. I wonder if I should go with that EAR phono preanp. The musical surroundings is good... but I think a preamp would give me another sound to MMF-7. Is that good idea.....before moving up in turntables?
For the money, what is the "best" cartridge for the Rega P2 or 3----not necessarily the same price as the deck; in fact, for less money?

Len