About Lugnut -- Patrick Malone

Many of us have come to know Patrick Malone (Lugnut) as a friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and kind individual. He is a frequent and enthusiastic contributor to our analog discussion forum. He has initiated only 17 threads, but responded to 559 threads. I would guess that many, if not most, of us can recall a time when Pat replied with helpful advice to a question we posted or helped us track down a rare recording. I have come to love Pat as a friend, and to respect him as a man, and I suspect many of you share those feelings.

Today I write to share difficult news with you. Pat has been diagnosed with an aggressive stomach cancer. It has yet to be determined whether surgery will even be worth it. If surgery is performed, most or all of the stomach will be removed, and Pat would face a difficult and long post-op period in the hospital. The medical course is still uncertain, but will be determined soon. Whatever is decided, it will not be easy or pleasant.

Something may be planned in the future to assist the family. For now, Pat could use some of the friendship he so often and willingly showed us. You can email Pat at: [email protected]. You can also mail cards, letters ... or whatever. You may email me for Pat's mailing address. My email is: [email protected].

I hope to spend a few days with Pat in Idaho or Nebraska (from which he hails) soon. Between this news, my legal work, getting ready for family arriving for the holidays, Audio Intelligent, and trying to make plans to visit Pat, my head is spinning. If you email me and I don't respond, please understand that I am not ignoring you, but rather simply do not have time to reply.

Pat may or may not have time to respond to posts here, to emails, or to cards mailed to him. But he has asked me to convey to each and every one of you that he has cherished your friendship, your comradery, and sharing our common hobby on this great website.

As we prepare for our holiday season celebrations, and look forward to -- as we should -- enjoying this time of year, I ask that you keep Pat and his family in mind ... and softly offer up, in quiet moments in the still of night and early morning, prayers for Pat and his family. God bless.

Warmest regards to all,
Paul Frumkin
paul_frumkin
While it saddens me to know that Pat has passed, I know that he is with the Lord and his physical suffering has ended.

May God continue to bless you Barb and may you continue to feel Pat's love from above.
Dear Audiogon friends - My heart aches and my eyes weep but I feel so at peace. I know it's because of the way that Pat prepared my for this time and because of the love and support that I continue to get from all of our many friends.
Thank you each and every one of you.

A wonderful way to memorialize Pat would be to relax and listen to music on Sunday afternoon which will be our open house visitation time. Also in Pat's memory I would like to collect letters addressed to his grandchildren, Scott and Aidyn, so that someday they can read them and know about their grandpa. There's no better way to celebrate this wonderful man.

Reporting from Pat's computer and feeling his presence. Barb
Barb, you are amazing. Your idea is so special, and I can not think of a better memorial for his grand kids. Thanks again for letting us share your life.

JD
On Sunday I'll play some Neil Young - live stuff I think - and some blues, 'cause those are things I know Pat liked (I'm already lining 'em up: Sonny Boy Williamson, Little Walter, Otis Rush, Champion Jack Dupree, Bill Broonzy, Mississippi Fred McDowell...), as well as the last CD-R I made for him. I grieved yesterday, but today woke up angry knowing I could no longer chat with Pat or read a new post from him anymore. I know you'll have the most beautiful gathering there Barb - that evening I'll raise a glass in Pat's honor and attend in spirit.