Nakamichi 505 or the Dragon ?

Can someone tell me if I were to get either the Nakamichi 505 or the Dragon which one will out preform the other in overall sound quality. Or are these two pretty much equal in playback?
Dave
valleyplastic
I have had the Dragon and the tanberg both very good decks and I would call it a draw. But one other to consider is the Revox B215. They can be had for quite a bit less on the used market and it is a very good sounding deck. List new in 1985 was $2300.00 and I see them selling used for 1/2 what a dragon goes for
This inside looks like a mini B77 Reel to reel
They are built very well and sound great also
Thanks
Steve
years after this debate but the simple question is 'what is the deck to be used for? If you will only record and play back from the same deck almost all of the top decks are equal, give or take some small differences. HOWEVER if you have a long standing cassette collection made on different decks, nakamichi and non-nakamichi and if you intend to buy pre-recorded cassettes then there is ONLY one deck to buy and that is the Dragon. For the playing of pre-recorded cassette it is the one and only king of decks.
A Dragon. If this were a question about the Dragon or a CR7, that would be a tricky question, as both have their devotees. Anyway I'm delighted with my Dragon, which has just been serviced and modified by Alex Nikitin (ANT4066 on tapeheads).
I cannot comment on the RX505 as I've never used one. I'm sure it's a great deck, but it's limited in features for best possible recording and playback. I've had zero issues with people playing back tapes I've recorded on my Dragon. I've had many comments on the excellent sound quality of tapes I've made on my Dragon using inexpensive Normal Bias tapes such as Maxell UR's. These tapes were played on other high end decks from Pioneer, Sony, Revox, and Tandberg. The Dragon is also the best playback deck made. With the auto azimuth, auto reverse, quartz locked dual direct drive capstans. The CR-7A, Cassette Deck One, and DR-1 feature user adjustable azimuth knobs.