What happened to Discwasher?

So I went to get a refill of D4 fluid, which I use to clean records before I transcribe them for more convenient access. No more around. Unless someone has old stock? I cannot justify a 2000$ record cleaning machine for a handful of albums to burn onto a car CD. So does anyone have a substitute cleaning fluid, or know the secret formula for D4 fluid? Guess Discwasher bit the dust in the middle of a vinyl resurgance? Hmmmm. Thanks!
w8aaz
"Stuff" will only grow in the bottles if they are opened and left to sit for a long period of time. Bottles that have never been opened except for their initial filling should still be fine. I'm basing this on my own experience with this product. Storing the product in different environments may introduce variables that i myself never ran into. As such, pouring it into another clean container to inspect might be a good idea if someone has some old fluid that they want to donate to someone else and / or make use of themselves. Sean
>
Hammy is right; Discwasher cleaning fluid is not sacred.

For further information on this formula, see my post over at Audio Asylum (my handle is mrspindlelegs over there):

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/vinyl/messages/338394.html

Mr. Kidknow
What about obtaining a replacement Discwasher brush? Are they worth replacing or should I just go with a different system?
I am currently using a Decca carbon brush, Gruvglide and a very old Discwasher system. Some records refuse to play cleanly. Any thoughts and insights would be appreciated.
Hammergjh,

I do think that Discwasher brushes have to be replaced after they have seen a lot of use even if they visually still look good. The brush removes particulate and greasy soils from the record. The particulates can be removed from the brush with another brush but the grease and detergent residue remains. Over time, the concentration of grease and detergent residue will build-up on the brush and result in excessive redeposition back onto the record. It may be possible to just periodically rinse the brush with distilled water to help lift the detergent and grease residue off the brush. The problem is you can never be certain how clean the brush is after it has cleaned a lot of records. Note: I've never searched various audio forums to see if this issue has been adequately addressed. The answer may be buried in one of the audio forum websites.

Mr. Kidknow