Record-playing Rituals?

I'm curious what everybody's riuals are when listening to albums. How often do you clean the records? Every Time? How often do you clean and lubricate the stylus? Every time?

David
deshapiro
Here's my RC procedure (Just received the OKKI NOKKI). I had hoped that I would do everything on the RCM, but I haven't. Here's my typical cleaning procedure:

1) Lay out some clean Micro-fibre towels for the record to lie on.
2) Scrub the record sides using two disk doctor brushes. 1 used for the Audio Intelligent Enzymatic Cleaner, wipe off with cloth then use other brush for the Audio Intelligent Super Cleaner step (alcohol based), wipe and flip the record to repeat the same steps. When done, I wipe off excess cleaner with micro cloth.
3) Use the Spin Clean manual rcm filled with store bought distilled water for the rinse.
4) Remove the record and wipe once on each side to remove excess water and not induce static charge.
5) Now I put the disk on the Okki Nokki. I use Audio Intelligent Purified Water ( a bead across the grooves) then use the supplied brush to spread the water out evenly and work into the groooves with the soft bush. I then vacuum the side, two revolutions only, flip the record and repeat.
6) I then let the clean records air dry for at least 1/2 hour and then replace in a new Mofi rice paper record sleeve.

The results have been great....YMMV
I should mention the above procedure is only done for new and used records that arrive. It is not my procedure everytime I play a record.
I don't think anyone posted this in the thread, but I clean my stylus with a Mr. Clean magic eraser that I keep in a zip lock bag in the cabinet under my stereo.
New records only. Place on VPI 17 rcm. Tighten center screw.
Spray record with Premier by Microcare. Gently rub with dedicated soft brush as Premier evaporates.
Pour MoFi Plus Enzyme cleaner on record. Spread and gently rub back and forth with dedicated brush.
Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
Vacuum w VPI.
Apply reagent grade water through wand on VPI. Rub back and forth with dedicated brush. Vacuum.
Repeat last rinse and vacuum step.
Works great. MoFi or Disc DR brushes work well for MoFi and water. Nitty Gritty brush for Premier. Always rub with grooves not against.
Learned of this routine from one of the most respected guys on this forum. It works very well.
Only one cleaning required if use Furutech Destat and compressed air to remove dust after each play. Keep stylus clean with Zerodust or MoFi #9 stylus cleaner. I know someone who swears by Magic Eraser for stylus cleaning.
I use a StaticMaster brush for dust and static on both my stylus and for my large format film negatives. The StaticMaster comes with a cartridge that's replaceable, don't touch the cartridge!