Anything wrong with PS Audio DirectStream DACs?

I'm counting right now 19 (nineteen) PS Audio DSD DACs for sale (new and used). Strange. Some second owners also selling... The reviews are unanimously stellar.

I wonder why.
cbozdog
I'm counting right now 19 (nineteen) PS Audio DSD DACs for sale (new and used). Strange. Some second owners also selling... The reviews are unanimously stellar.

I wonder why.
According to Wisnon and Edward Snowden, all upgrading to Lampizator!
Where there is smoke there is often fire.

We had a very prominent reviewer compare the PS with our similarly priced Aqua Hifi La Scala Dac which is an $8k dac and he was bowled over by how much better the Aqua sounded.

Is is any wonder PS gets such glowing reviews could it be huge advertising?
The DirectStream is a damn good DAC, but as I said their are folks who continue to seek perfection or just a different sound. So out it goes and something else comes in. No component is perfect and every component sounds different in different systems. For some the DirectStream is the end of the road for now (that's me). Personally I'm not that big on finding the latest and greatest, I just want a DAC that I think sounds good and a lot of other folks think is good so I don't have the strong urge to search for something else. I like how it sounds and really like that it can be run as a preamp too (in an all digital system). Over the years I've seen this happen with many other "hot" components. A lot of people try 'em and then move on ....
Post removed