Auralic Aries w NOS DAC

Hi folks,

I'm intrigued by the new Auralic Aries server/streamer device. I love the idea of streaming lossless digital content from Tidal, etc direct to my Red Wine Audio DAC, and I love its ability to pull music from a hard drive over wifi as well. But here's the thing: I have the NOS version of the Red Wine DAC and zero need/interest in upgrading to the high-res version, and the Auralic Aries seems very focused on enabling 192k DSD content. I get that, I admire it, but it's not relevant for me. Would the Aries be total overkill with the Red Wine NOS DAC? If so, does anyone know of a cheaper option with similar functionality and great sound quality? I know that Sonos basically offers this functionality, but I'm looking for true audiophile sound quality.

Thanks as always.
lousyreeds1
I purchases an Aries for sonos like functionality to replace a Mac Mini. It smoked the mini and elevated the sound quality of my nos DAC. I remain surprised by how much better it sounds in my system than the mini it replaced. Definitely worth auditioning.
Can suggest an alternative that works remarkably well for me. I too have a Red Wine NOS Dac that I do not plan to replace simply because the sound quality with Red Book playback is wonderful. I've been using Sonos as a transport, with FLAC files streamed from a NAS. I added a reclocker from empirical audio (Synco-mesh) and was amazed with the result. A dramatic transformation. When Deezer lossless streaming became available on Sonos, the switch from spotify is what I have been waiting for. You have to invest in two devices, Sonos and synco-mesh. The result, reclocking the stream from Sonos snaps everything into focus for the enormous soundstaging, warmth and tonal beauty thet the Red Wine NOS chip can deliver. All this and the elegant simplicity of the Sonos platform. You can add that to the variety of a lossless CD quality library music from Deezer.
I purchases an Aries for sonos like functionality to replace a Mac Mini. It smoked the mini and elevated the sound quality of my nos DAC. I remain surprised by how much better it sounds in my system than the mini it replaced. Definitely worth auditioning.
Mas1951: many thanks for the synchro-mesh recommendation. I currently use a Pure i-20 digital iPod dock as transport, and inserting the synchro-mesh could be a good, cheaper alternative to switching over to an Auralic Aries. Interesting thought!
There are two versions of the Aries, with a significant price difference.