ARC CD3 follow up questions

As I had posted before my ARC CD 3 Mk 2 had to go in and have 5 caps replaced in the power supply to get back up and running again (I believe it might have been a spike that caused it). I was listening yesterday and it seems to sound a bit bright and the staging seemed a bit shallow (as opposed to what I remember) but, I now have a new Shunyata Venom Defender in the outlet to protect it as well, am I just having to wait for the new caps and the Venom Defender to acclimate and if I'm right what might be a time frame to expect for break in?
I could use some help with this, Thanks.
rsjm80
New caps will need around 100-200 hours to break completely in. Patience Grasshopper...
Thank you so much Mofimadness. I thought there would be a time frame to expect but, wasn't sure how much to expect. I was listening yesterday to Dire Straights "On Every Street" and already what a change I heard! The sound was a bit more relaxed again, it was throwing a larger sound stage and layering was more evident. I also forgot that that the cables had been moved back into to their resting places and that they hadn't been in use for a bit and the Venom Defender is still brand new. Is it ever good to have it home again! Huge Kudos to ARC and all their support staff and Techs, they are the best IMO.
In reference to your other thread, what caused the disk read problem? Did the shop make any adjustments?
Disc read problem hasn't been addressed as of yet but, it also is not unique as it was also present in the ARC CD2 that I owned prior to this. I will call Kal and ask him later today and report what he has to say but it's just funny that the disc produced by the manufacturer would have trouble but, a new burned version is perfectly fine.