Before They Were Famous

What artists did you see on the way up, before superstardom?
Anyone lucky enough to see the Beatles in Germany? If so, the thread should stop there. Until then, I have two. Aerosmith played at my high school Junior Prom, Stepinac High School in White Plains, N.Y., and I was lucky enough to see John Belushi do Joe Cocker in "Lemmings" at the Village Gate in N.Y.C. around 1970, just before SNL.
blbloom
Saw U2 on their very first US tour in a SMALL club (the original Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel) in Providence, RI.
Albert your's is going to be tough to top. I did however see Bonnie Raitt before she recorded in a little coffee house in Philly in the late 60's at that time she was famous for being John Raitt's daughter. Strictly Blues back then.
I remember going to a Xmas dance in Halifax at St Mary's university and the band was from Singalong Jubilee, a CBC show. I forget the lead singer but he was good. The organizer said for a few bucks more we could have had a female singer. "Who?" I asked? The other singer was an unknown Ann Murray. She had just started on the show...I've heard her live since then and I never realized how good she could be.. My brother-in-law was at the same show{he is not a fan} but he was awed by her....Cheers, Bluenose.
As an undergrad, I attended music school with two mezzos that are now of some import. Stephanie Blythe, now at the Met, and Margret Lattimore, also a rising opera world person. Renee Flemming, soprano, is an alum, and before she was really famous visited to sing at the school.