Esoteric K-03 or K-01

After many reads and auditions I am ready to pull a trigger on esoterik K-03 player. I also have the opportunity to get a new K-01 for a great price, but without being able to audition it and still a few $$$ more, so it is dificault to commit to.

Those who had a chance to hear/have both players, how much K-01 is better than k-03?

May be for my system K-03 will do fine and K-01 is overkill?

I intend to run Esoteric player direct to amplifier, how much K-01 may sound better direct to amplifier in compare with K-03?

My speakers are Marten Django XL that driven by ML # 532H.
Thank you.
denon1
Tboooe..it could be the Marantz you listened to had the filter's set to create a thicker sound. As I indicated, the SA-11S3 has filter settings like the Esoteric to vary the sonic character to sound thick and laid back or very open and neutral with no harshness or grain. According to one owner in a thread, silver IC's add benefit to the Marantz.
Hey Skreich , have you made a decision yet? Hope you end up with the K-01, you won't regret it. The K-01 is a better player the DAC is great, good listening whatever way you go !
2100 hours to break-in at 24 hours a day, Christ I never listen that much to my system in years. 700 hours for it to sound right for each filter setting. We must buy this then based on faith that we will like the final sound at $11,000 to $19,000 a try. That is asking a lot of folks on faith plus the human ear getting used to the sound of it then accepting it. How many combination of setting you could come up with this unit makes this unrealistic. What is a dealer return policy 3 days most of the time.
No need to break-in every possible combination of filters and upsampling... Start with Slow Delay 2 + 4x for about 700 hours; then ask yourself what you would like to hear more.... Are you enchanted already? You are done.... Add a few more hundred hours of further refinement, just lisening to music.

Or you want a flavor that More midrange-centric? Add 500 hours with Slow Delay 1 with 2X upsampling;

Or you would experience ultimate resolution? Add 500 hours to DSD;

Want a very different flavor? Put FIR2 for 500 hours with 4x upsampling...

By this time, the machine will be totally broken-in... filters off and upsampling off will come "for free".

Run through all possible combinations now, including the original Slow Delay 2 with 4X upsampling.... It is the favorite combination of several users, including yours truly.

Admittedly getting the best out of K-01 is a true labor of love... And it is worth it.

G.
Very well stated, Guido. Similar settings work on my P-02/D-02. Have a Happy New Year!!