Esoteric K-03 or K-01

After many reads and auditions I am ready to pull a trigger on esoterik K-03 player. I also have the opportunity to get a new K-01 for a great price, but without being able to audition it and still a few $$$ more, so it is dificault to commit to.

Those who had a chance to hear/have both players, how much K-01 is better than k-03?

May be for my system K-03 will do fine and K-01 is overkill?

I intend to run Esoteric player direct to amplifier, how much K-01 may sound better direct to amplifier in compare with K-03?

My speakers are Marten Django XL that driven by ML # 532H.
Thank you.
denon1
"BTW, Guido is an excellent source of K-01 guidance if you choose to get one."

Hrrrumpf!

G.
"Sorry = I left out "for a price" $$$ :-)"

Hahaha.... I only wish.... Sadly, my musings remain free of charge.... And are worth as much *grins!* G.
Fplanner and Guido so you are saying that the pre amp is a must in the future even if I go with k01? The absoulte sound latest review for k01
compares its line stage with his goldmund 22 ref lre amp and it is vary favorable comparation.
Hi Denon1, to be perfectly fair, I have listened to K-01 directly into an amp only on the demo system at RMAF. It is very possible that while various filters and upsamplers on the unit were properly broken in, the volume attenuator was still raw, hence my lack of appreciation for this mode of operation. If you get a K-01 without pre, by the time you have completed break-in of about 2100 hours (700 hours on each SDLY1+4X, SDLY2+4X, and DSD), the volume attenuator will also be totally broken in, and the machine largely optimized and giving you its best. If at that time you still have a concern, you can add a pre, otherwise continue with a direct connection. Guido