Esoteric K-01 and Aurender S10 compatibility

Has anyone found away for an Esoteric K-01 DAC to recieve 192Khz files from an Aurender S10 music server.

I have spoken to Esoteric and they will not be supoorting Linux on the K-01.

The rwo units will connect, but the K-01 will only recieve 44.1Khz from the Aurender, thus defeating the purpose of having the Aurender S10.

The makers of Aurender say they cannot proceed without Esoteric's driver.

Does anyone know of any 3rd party driver that works on the K-01.

Looking forward to any idea's.

Buying another DAC is not an option.

Regards,

Jon
jon47
By the way, JPlay does DSD.

You're welcome, Jon47, that's what these forums are for, hoping that our own opinions will help others.
Update....a BIG thanks to Aurender, who modified the sw on the X100L to allow full compatibility with my Esoteric K-01 DAC. A great big thanks to the folks in Korea, really appreciate the wonderful support!!

My K-01 is now in Japan being upgraded to DSD64.
Hi Jon47,
It is good to know that the K-01 can be upgraded to dsd64. My guess is this is only possible via usb as spdif or aes does not transmit dsd64/128/quad data. Please keep us updated on your experience with dsd64 when you get back your K-01.
Cheers! J.
Jon2020...yes you are correct, it's a USB board replacement and firmware update and also includes 24/384. The K-01 upgrade goes some way to bridge the gap between the K-01 and the new K-01x. The K-01x supports DSD128 as well as improved SQ from the transport and DAC, compared to the K-01. I live in Singapore and my player needed to go back to Japan for upgrade, eagerly awaiting it's return. I believe Esoteric is upgrading USA product in the States, rather than shipping to Japan. DSD64 is important for me as my system includes a computer audio component, as well. If DSD128 ever really becomes mass market for content, I will look at biting the bullet and going for a stand alone DAC. That's not going to happen anytime soon!

PS: I have seen some comments that Esoteric is going to have an upgrade path to full K-01x spec for the K-01. I have confirmation from Esoteric Japan that that's not ever going to happen, as the K-01x uses a completely different board to the K-01 and that board is not compatible with the K-01.
My K-01 is back from Japan, good news is that it turns on and plays. Will have a first listen to the DAC with DSD64 on the weekend and will let you know how it sounds without run in.