Esoteric K-01 and Aurender S10 compatibility

Has anyone found away for an Esoteric K-01 DAC to recieve 192Khz files from an Aurender S10 music server.

I have spoken to Esoteric and they will not be supoorting Linux on the K-01.

The rwo units will connect, but the K-01 will only recieve 44.1Khz from the Aurender, thus defeating the purpose of having the Aurender S10.

The makers of Aurender say they cannot proceed without Esoteric's driver.

Does anyone know of any 3rd party driver that works on the K-01.

Looking forward to any idea's.

Buying another DAC is not an option.

Regards,

Jon
jon47
I don't see the need to complicate things going USB when the S10 is designed to directly connect via S/PDIF.

Complementarily, you can build or purchase something like a CAPS computer (see the latest four designs at Computer Audiophile) and then have SOTA, battery-powered USB sound plus your Aurender. They are at least as good as or even better sounding than the S10.
I thought CA found USB out from the Aurender to sound better than the AES to a Meitner MA-1? Perhaps there's something to be said about having the DAC handle clock control.

Perhaps that's what the OP is trying to achieve. I do agree that the Aurender was designed primarily for AES so I guess SPDIF should work just as well. The newest model W? is supposed to have a clock input so that might tilt it back in favour of AES/SPDIF with a clock that controls both the DAC and the Aurender.
Feedback from various people who saw the new W20 at CES seemed mightily impressed. An external clock syncing the K-01 and the W20 would be great....though from what I read the W20 will be at least twice the price of the S10...maybe more.

Also looking at the Zuma C.A.P.S 3.0.

Thanks all for the excellent comments!
The reason I am interested in USB is that I have some great cables and wanted to use them.

I have the Locus Design Cynosure V2 USB and Core SPDIF cables....so impressed with these cables.

I wanted to come out of the S10 via USB, then into the latest Sonicweld Diverter, then out via SPDIF to the K-01 DAC.

Couple of problems with this dream....I loose async over USB...Esoteric K-01 has a good clock and this would sync the Aurender as a slave to the K-01 DAC via a direct USB cable.

The Diverter cannot do Linix, so that's out.

I can use this approach for both Windows and MAC, though. I have heard the Diverter in some systems...and from what I heard was a noticeably improved sonic performance...even when giving up the benifit of going direct USB and benifit of async functionality.

Aurender S10 is also lacking internal memory expansion...and no forward compatibility to DSD. So PCM is the best it will ever do. Concerned that the S10 will be worth next to nothing in a few years time.

Thus looking at C.A.P.S 3 and MAC.

Has anyone compared a hot rod'd MAC Moni or C.A.P.S 3 vs the Aurender S10.