the best, cost-no-object, music streamer?

I am currently using McIntosh MCD500 as source. I love it so much that my CD collection is piling up. Now i find it more hassle to find CD, play it, and return it to cabinet blah blah blah.

I think one solution to this is to find a (very) good music streamer connected to a HDD or whatever.

Can any of you share what is the best, cost-no-object, music streamer? And why do you like them?

Am no techie, but seems ability to play 24/192, FLAC, apple app compatibility is a must.

Thanks for looking.
adg243
Nd4 - not only is it a good idea for older non-USB DACs, it is beneficial 99% of the time for newer USB DACs that have other inputs. Most USB inputs are poorly implemented IME.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Steve N

Ok. Point taken will take a close look at this USB Converter advice

Thanks
Adj243 - while you are in the planning stages consider hard drive failure!

This just happened to me and reloading my CD's was a pita.

I now have all my music on a NAS drive that has dual drives in a RAID mirrored configuration. If one of the drives fail I simply replace it and the NAS drive software takes care of copying the data to the new drive automatically.

If you start downloading music then hard disk failures can have a bigger impact

I know hard drive failures are rare these days, but you only need it to happen once to really tick you off.
Adj243 - while you are in the planning stages consider hard drive failure!

This just happened to me and reloading my CD's was a pita.

I now have all my music on a NAS drive that has dual drives in a RAID mirrored configuration. If one of the drives fail I simply replace it and the NAS drive software takes care of copying the data to the new drive automatically.

If you start downloading music then hard disk failures can have a bigger impact

I know hard drive failures are rare these days, but you only need it to happen once to really tick you off.
Thank you williewonka. One way I hedge against this is by having copies of the hard drive through the amazingly fast thunderbolt connection