Ayon Skylla II vs Lampizator 4 or 5

Any comparative info between the two?
tobb
I had Ayon 5 cd player briefly and then I got Lamp, the new 4 version. I ended up with Lampizator. Sorry I cant provide more info, Lamp just sounded better.
I am in the market for a DAC and the Lampi was on my list. The way the sound was explained to me by a reviewer was "The Lampizator is a good choice if you like tube sound (sweeter treble, more textured midrange but diminished dynamics and less bass control)"

Personally I am leaning towards Calyx Femto at this point.
Blue then you never heard the Laamp?

Where is the Fento built?
Is it SS?
The lamp build quality is hokey to me.
No, where I am located it is hard to audition. The reviewer over at Stereo Mojo has the same speakers, amp, source and cable I am getting so I am pretty confident.

Made in Korea, SS.

Build quality is supposed to be top notch for the Femto. 40lbs for a DAC
As time goes by the new DACs are definitely better.
Apart from radically different designs they are all pretty well using the same chips.
I started with an Apogee some years back and even at one point questioned what the beneficial difference was.
Then I got into the Bel Canto's DACs.
The difference was like turning the lights on.
We then went into tubes and compared Ayon's SC1 to the Bel Canto VB models.
Yes the Ayon is better but marginally.
The latest buzz was the Lampizator and yes we ordered a level 5.
The wait time was so absurd we eventually cancelled.
I was happy we did as their build quality continued to haunt me throughout the waiting.
Needless to say we did not listen to the Lampi.
However after attending CES and THE this year I was presented with the holy grail.
Out of the 100 some odd exhibitors I visited one that continued to stay with me was Bluelight Audio.
Both their Evolution line and Playback Designs were a revelation for me
I couldn't get over the clarity of the source and inquired as to what chip they were using. Playback's president explained it was a proprietary system and not the same old chips.(Burr Brown or Sabre)
The system automatically recognizes any source (such as a PC, IPod, Discman, etc.) and uses new technology they have developed called PDFAS (Playback Designs Frequency Arrival System) to completely eliminate all jitter.