Life of a PS Audio PowerPlant??

Any idea about the life of a line power conditioner? I am talking about the PS Audio PowerPlant 300 Multiwawe I that came out to the market in 2000. Would it be wise to buy a unit this old? Do this kind of devises loose some of their capabilities? Any comments out there. Thanks in advance for your help!
tiofelon
I have had mine since they first came out and it still works like a champ. I am knocking on wood since I said that though.
The PowerPlant to which Tiofelon refers will overheat. That's the main issue with it; and with the P500, as well.

This sounds like a bunch of rubbish Jburidan! The Power Plant 300 that OP is asking about has NO ' cooling circuit' that you refer to in your post. It is pasively cooled - the top plate is what The power transistors are bolted to & the sides have shallow fins for cooling. I'm not sure but I believe that the P600 is also passively cooled. If you owned one or more of these you know this already!

To the OP: I bought a used original P300 from the original owner & this is a 1999 unit that did. not have Multiwave. All the internals were original & the unit worked like a champ from the day I received it. The bulb highlighting the company logo was burned out, as expected. I bought this unit for TT platter speed control so I NEEDED Multiwave ASAP. Do I shipped this unit off to Rick Cullen of Cullen Circuits & he upgraded it for me for a decent cost. This unit continues to work like a champ today. I have all my frontend components plugged into it & like Elizabeth I'm careful to keep it loaded well below its max limit. IMHO it's a great unit. Time does NOT diminish its efficacy in providing regen power. Like Dan suggested, get it re-capped & you'll be off & running....
Interesting. You defend vigorously PS Audio Units but seem determined to cast dispersions on Purepower. You are either a dealer, work for the manufacturer or have a hidden agenda.
09-30-12: Vicks7
Interesting. You defend vigorously PS Audio Units but seem determined to cast dispersions on Purepower. You are either a dealer, work for the manufacturer or have a hidden agenda.
what a load of crap from you Vicks7.
I'm not defending PS Audio products. I'm stating that Jburidan has his facts wrong w.r.t. the P300 & P600 products.
I just wanted to make sure that the OP had to facts so that he could make his decision. Jburidan's wrongly stating that P300 products have a "cooling circuit" mis-informs the OP & this mis-information could/will result in a wrong decision from the OP.
The OP is free to buy PS Audio or PurePower - it will make no difference to me at all.
There is no hidden agenda on my part, not a dealer, don't work for any audio manuf.
And, you are an extremely skittish, trigger happy troll.....