Metrum octave vs new Rega DAC vs Eastern electric

I currently have an EE minimax (non-plus version), but have become increasingly interested in the Metrum and Rega DACs recently as a potential replacement. What are people's opinions on this? Would either of these DACs truly be an upgrade? I listen to all redbook, so oversampling isn't an issue, and I listen to mostly Rock (which I guess means I prefer a meaty/rich sound character).
linaeum66
Mjm6 - you may try replacing the RCA digital input connector with a true 75 Ohm BNC one. Then you may try fitting WBT NextGen RCAs for the analog out.
I find it sounds great with a Halide Bridge, or from my Squeezebox Touch with the enhanced digital out. Haven't tried the Audiophilio, but I probably will.

By all means try it. You will be stunned. I have both the Halide and AP1, and the difference is not subtle.
Elberoth,

Thanks for that... I'll look into the changes, although I admit that I am not terribly experienced with soldering, so I should probably leave that to other people!

I found the conversation online where the discussion by Paul is made. I'm gong to have to think about all those things soon.

---Michael
Elberoth2: Is the Audiophileo2 really that much better than the hiface2? I just purchased a Hiface2 and it's the only device of it's kind that I tried in the system. Although, ever since I started using it I've been getting these annoying clicks and pops in the sound. I guess you haven't run into anything like that with the Audiophileo2 right?
Hi,Guys
I have the Metrum dac since 4 months now and I am very satisfied with the result. It took two months for break in. The sound is fine like the analog 33 rpm, Not tested the rega dac and EE. I paid $ 1200 Canadian and I'm very happy with the result.