Dump the Wadia 781?

I love my CDP, after having it modded to Statement by Steve of GNSC.

However with the troubles at Wadia, I wonder if servicing the unit will be an issue in the long run?

My CDP sits on the 2nd tier of an Finite Elemente rack, so I need one with a front loader tray IF I swap.

My dealer thinks the DCS Puccini with U Clock will beat the Wadia. Honestly its the servicing issue that worries me more so than performance. Is this just a sideways move not worth the additional $$?

Rest of system, ARC Ref 5, Lamm 1.2s, Wilson Sasha.
daisiu
As you say, sidewaymove. My estimate, although I own the S7i also GNS.
But I hear you regarding Wadia; although I cannot judge it properly. They might end up bright and shining.
e
I would wait a short time to see what's happening with Wadia. Supposedly they were purchased by the same company that now owns Audio Research. Makes sense to combine the two for efficiency plus Wadia has its roots in the Audio Research area.

Certainly Audio Research is still humming along so don't see any reason yet to panic. This same and admittedly worrying situation occurred when Wadia moved from River Falls, Wisconsin to Michigan.

Once Wadia settled in their new location things seemed to workout OK but as a Wadia owner at the time the transition period was nerve wracking.
Hopefully history will repeat itself and things will settle once the move is complete.
I would do whatever Steve at GNSC recommends. He's been through this before and would be aware of supply issues. Personally, i'm not that worried and I'd prefer Wadia over DCS unless looking for the highest res inputs.