Jplay Mini

I been using Jplay mini in Hibernation mode for a few weeks now and the results are stunning
If you have windows 7 or vista and like me a bit out out of your depth to build a dedicated computer based audio system then this will get you the similar results.
It will work with JRiver ITunes and Foobar as a plug in but the real magic is in full hibernation mould
It will take a ordinary DAC and transform it into something very special
johnjc
No worries Tom I think it good to raise questions
I found them very helpful and hope they sort out your issue
Hello everybody,

I'm the co-author of jplay. It's great to see so many guys here enjoy jplay :)

Tim,

You've never told us what tracks (bit depth, sample rate, format) always produce distortions in your setup and I asked this 3 times :)

Anyway, I've just checked the musiland's specs and it seems that it doesn't support automatic sample rate switching - that's why you experience slow playback... Pls make sure to select the track's sample rate in musiland output settings before starting playback in jplay. That's the only way to make it work.

If anyone wants to ask us anything, just shoot us an email - we're happy to help :)

Cheers,
Marcin
Thanks Marcin, yes you have asked twice that I saw, I guess my answer of that I have loaded 1 to several tracks at a time, using 16/44.1 all the way through 24/192 was not what you were looking for. I have not said anything about setting my bit rate on the Musiland though. I have set the Musiland at 16/44 and at 24/96 and at 24/192 to match bit & sample of the tracks that I was listening to without success. So I don't think that was upconverting was the issue. When I cut my processor by 50%, I was able to listen twice more, then back to distorted play. Also as I explained in my emails @ 256, it plays at full speed, but still distorted. Hopefully this straightens out some mis communication.
JPlay is running, thank you all... The Problem?
Running Win 7, Foobar, Musiland w/wasapi out.
Marcin sent me an email that said to use Kernal streaming instead of wasapi. I looked at all my choices that were loaded in Foobar and Kernal Streaming wasn't even there. I went to the Foobar web site and found a Kernal Streaming add on, Loaded and everything fired up.
I don't have any idea what it could be, but there was something additional within that download, because since downloading and running Kernal Streaming, I can now switch to wasapi and it runs fine also. I have done 5 or 6 different downloads and have run them through wasapi out just fine. I hope my misfortune getting this set up and running might help someone in the future... Tim