playback mps-5 v dcs puccini

Has anyone been able to compare these CD/SACD players. I have heard the dcsPuccini in my system and it sounds very good but have not heard the MPS-5.
would be grateful for any observations.
dctom
i've not had the dcs Puccini in my system to compare to my Playback Designs MPS-5; so i cannot help with direct performance comparisons.

i am using the Playback Designs new USB-X box interface with my MPS-5 and have hundreds of DSD files on my server, as well as thousands of hi-rez PCM files that i'm listening to, as well as even a few 2xdsd files too. this is how digital was always going to be but never was, until right now. being able to access dsd and 2xdsd from my server seamlessly is so cool.

and with the MPS-5 it's the most reasonably priced super high level digital player as well as being the most advanced digital server dac/player.
Paul,

you can purchase DSD downloads from Blue Coast music. also you might investigate what you can do with a Play Station 3, the right software, and SACD's.
Hi Mike

thanks for your input - I have now purchased a MPS-5 2nd hand and am very pleased with the sound.
Mike - you mentioned the USB-X that you use with the MPS-5, have you compared CD disc playback with the same CD file played through the USB-X box from your computer?
I wondered if the playback from the computer, through the box, was as good as playing the actual CD.
I was considering getting the USB X box for my MPS 5.