Audiogon "RECORDINGS TO DIE FOR" list

I've been listening to some of my favorite recordings this weekend and was wondering what others on Audiogon felt were there favorites. We have all seen the Stereophile "Records to Die For", The Absolute Sounds recommended list, Music Directs' list, The Golden Ear, etc. now I'm hoping to assemble the Audiogon "Recordings To Die For". Please list your five favorite recordings, the ones you listen to over and over or play for friends. I would assume the sonic quality is excellent in that this is an audiophile site. The performance and enjoy ability should also be excellent. Please leave your top five, even if they are already chosen so we can discover the very top for the Audiogon listeners. ALSO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CRITICIZING OTHERS OPINIONS AND JUST LEAVE YOUR FAVORITES!

August 2002: I have compiled a summary and a full printer-friendly list of all of the recommendations below.
click here to view summary
128x128jadem6
Even though the following may not be my 5 favorites (Beatles, Stones, Who, Led etc) I am attempting to list a few that aren't here already.
1. The Butts Band - "The Complete Recordings." Two former Doors make two albums as the Butts Band, the cd i got from Amazon has both on one disc. Simply great rock, r&b, and soul. Two different lead singers on each album, and the sound is good, but a little compressed.
2. Norman Blake/Tut Taylor/Sam Bush/Butch Robins/Vassar Clements/David Holland/Jethro Burns. Distributed by Flying Fish records (1975). It was recorded at Hound's Ear studio in Nashville, TN on June 22, 1974. No name, this LP simply has those names on the cover with each of their pictures. This is a blugrass/jazz album. They got these guys together to jam and recorded it. Wonderful music! Side 1 - Sweet Georgia Brown, Sauerkraut 'N solar energy, The old brown case (unbelievable solo acoustic guitar instrumental from Norman), 'A' Train. Side 2 - Going home, Mckinley's blues, Oconee, Vassar & Dave. My vinyl copy is getting old, it somehow survived the crazy years, but not unscathed. If you find this on any medium get it. If it's on cd, please let me know.
3. Waylon Jennings - "Dreaming my dreams." Possibly the best country album ever recorded.
4. The Flatlanders - "Now and again." Not a country dog in the bunch.
5. Eric Clapton - "Live in the Seventies." (Crossroads 2) This is a 4 cd box set that has only gotten mixed reviews. However, some of Eric's best blues guitar playing is on it. Since it's live he stretches out on some "old familiars" and more obscure blues. Even some of his mellow crooner tunes sound better than the studio versions.
For classical fans: PROKOFIEV "Scythian suite" "Alexander Nevsky"
Conductor: Gergiev Kirov on Philips 289 473 600-2

BACH PARTITAS NOS 1,3&6 Richard Goode
Nonesuch 79698-2

BACH "The concertos for one and Two Harpsichords" Raymond Leppard, Andrew Davis, Philip Ledger and English Chamber Orchestra Philips 454 268-2

MOZART Piano Sonatas Fantasy in D minor, K397 K310, K311 & K533/494
Alfer Brendel Philips 289 473 689-2

Hey! There is a similar post on the Apogee Acoustics Users Group.Here's my pics that can take you to that special place we are continually trying to find.....(CD)Kenney Barron & Minu Cinelu-title, Swamp Sally.(CD)Trilok Gurtu-tile,Glimps(SACD)Mickey Hart-title,Planet Drum.(LP)Bireli Lagrene-title,Foreign Affairs.(SACD)"River of Sorrow"FIM..Thank's,John
ACCENT - two Lps of J. Haydn trios for flute, violin and cello, with all three of the Kuijken brothers.
Pierre Fournier
Bach Cello Suites
Best on original CD not remastered digital rerelease