NAD C540 player is dying. Replacement?

After many years of great sound, my C540 is adding its own mix of sounds to my music via clicks, pops, and skips. I've taken it apart to clean, etc., but to no avail.

So...... time for a new player.

The new player will be joining a custom tube preamp, a PSE Mark IV amp, and Thiel 1.5 speakers. Music is primarily jazz.

Unfortunately, the nearest showroom that has decent equipment is all at least 1-1/2 hours away. I could go and listen, but will not easily be able to hear equipment in my system.

I've been reading lots of other posts and wondering if anyone can offer other insights, especially with my other equipment.

I've enjoyed the sound of my old NAD so am considering the 565 BEE.

Sometimes I see Rega Apollo demos at a reasonable price and wonder about this player.

Additionally, I've heard/read about the Cambridge 740 (I think) and a player from Emotiva (ERC-2).

I'm looking for something that will not be fatiguing, presents well recorded cds realistically for staging, and just sounds good. I'm hoping that the next player will be provide some improvement over the C540.

Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated.
hi4head
Nice deal on a Toshiba laptop, has all specs that I mentioned earlier... a steal @ $269, no reason to wait for BlackFriday.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Satellite+Laptop+/+AMD+E-Series+Processor+/+15.6%26%2334%3B+Display+/+4GB+Memory+-+Black/3438577.p?id=1218402124648&skuId=3438577
I am going the laptop route. At the recent Toronto Audio show most of the sources were laptops and even netbooks, ie about 75%. Most of the remaining were TTs. You can get a nice HP laptop and a Music Streamer in your range. CD's probably going the way of the dodo.

Other than that the Music Hall/Shanling is in your range a requirment sound-wise. Maybe Jolida too.
Again folks, thanks for the input.
I drove over to Raleigh yesterday afternoon and pickup a new Apollo. I put in it into my system early evening, and all I have to say is "WOW".

It is like a veil has been lifted from my music. (Even my wife has been commenting on the difference.)

I did play around a little with the computer concept, however, I'm not ready for that. Maybe in a few years the technology and I will be ready for each other.

For now, I'm perfectly satisfied to use some older technology that is stable and proven. (nb: The dealer did say that a replacement for the apollo should be showing up in around two months.)

Chris
Congratulations and enjoy your Apollo. If I were to update my Apollo, it would be to the Rega Saturn and then I would look to update my Prima Luna PL2 to something else in the Prima Luna line. So, it would take a serious coin outlay before I would change from the Apollo.

Rich