The ignorance of SACD & DVD-A marketing idiots....

Let's see....how to make a new format fail...well:..

1. Make it cost more....so less people will buy the
discs....that way you won't be able to make up the R&D
in volume.

2. Make sure that it is either hard or costly for a
equipment manufacture to use the format in their gear.

3. And thank you DVD-A.....make the case a new/strange
size so that the case will not fit into most Buyer's
storage units/racks.

And please add any of your thoughts.... Am I unhappy with this all.....hell yes....both formats are better...and I have my favorite.... And thank you to the folks that developed these formats....but Sony and all you others...fire all of your marketing people...
whatjd
The Sony Blu-Ray player I have that plays SACD is a S580. Cheap and surprisingly good.

I'm a bit confused though (what else is new?). I have the player connected to my processor with a digital coax cable only. The processor shows "PCM." This is with a non-hybrid, SACD only disc (Jorma Kaukonen, "Blue Country Heart").

I called Sony support to find out how it was possible for SACD to be transmitted through a digital cable. Obviously, I didn't get a coherent answer . . . not that I really expected one. I honestly don't know what the person was trying to say. I don't think they did, either.

If anyone can explain what the deal is here, I would appreciate it. How can SACD go through a digital cable?
Ncarv, that's a current model, not one Sony released just after the introduction of SACD.
Yes, Unsound . . . SACD was out long before Blu-Ray. Did I misunderstand something?
The first few generations of Sony Blue Ray players were incapable of SACD playback.
Odd they should suddenly put SACD back. Just confirms the illogical Sony marketing. Why now, after they've killed it off?