Benchmark VS Mark levinson 36 DAC ?????????

which one better?. given : any transport
Classe amp(mono block)
B&W speaker or 1.6 magnepan
thanks for all input
winsound
I agree with { Knghifi } , I was not a all impressed with the Benchmark in stock form , it was not even close to my Levinson #360 DAC . The slightly newer #360 does except 24/96 .
I was and still am, for a change, impressed with stock Benchmark. A lot of reviewers were as well including 2004 Stereophile "Component Of The Year" award. Why then many people hear "forward and bright"? Possibly because Benchmark, according to their technical director John Siau, was purposely designed not to sound warm, since warm sound (enhanced even harmonics) does bad things to sound of instruments with more complex harmonic structure (like piano). Benchmark will do wonders with properly matched equipment.
06-09-11: Kijanki
I was and still am, for a change, impressed with stock Benchmark.
Go for it if you are impress with it. How it sounds in your system and to you is the most important.

I never found stock to sound bright or forward. It was a little muffled, lacking detail and resolution.

I sold mine a while ago but definitely worth a try for the $$.
Knghifi - that shows how differently we all perceive. It sounded to you muffled and lacking detail and resolution while most of opinions I've read stated "too bright" and "hyper detailed".
Kijanki, this is the reason if you like it, go for it :-)

I heard the Benchmark in very sophisticated systems where it was the least expensive component including cables. I cannot stand brightness so it's possible the problem is NOT the Benchmark??