Best 2CH SACD Player for $2k Or Less, New or Used?

There are some threads similar, but the newest is over 2 years old. I would appreciate your thoughts on what you fell is the best 2 channel SACD player available, new or used, for $2k or less.

I need a quality, well built player to ensure my ability to play my SACDS well for the coming years, as I expect not many players will be available before long.

Thanks for any recommendations.
nightfall
Look into a used Modwright Sony 9100 w/tube power supply and if you could find a used Modwright 5400 with the same ps even better. The Modwright mod on it is disarmingly good sounding compared to the standard and is as good sounding as any player at ridiculous prices. The 999 or 9000 are older Sony mods that also sound excellent. Each version is a little better. The Modwright mods make the units dynamic, transparent, detailed, and more beautiful sounding. Dan also does a current mod on the Oppo 95 (extremely good), or find a used Oppo 83. All these players are cd/sacd, but the Oppos will also play any format. You will not do better for the money and you will have to spend stupid money (10,000+) to do marginally better and some areas might still be a downgrade. I've had the 9000 and now have a 9100 and it will not be replaced unless it craps out--although Dan would definitely fix it reasonably. I also had another highly rated on reviews mod while I had the 9000, just to compare sound of mods. It really was no comparison. Any of the players I've mentioned had much more immediacy, dynamics, live qualities, detail, and layering of sound than a $3000.00 Ayre CX-7, to give a reference. Comparatively, the Ayre (a very good and well built player) sounds like boring background music.
7-25-2011
Yes,the Oppo 95 is impressive even in it's stock form.
I use it to play 2ch. SACD & 5.1 SACD,HDCD and also is a very fine DVD and Blue-ray player. At $999.00 nothing out there can beat it at more than twice the price.
A Nordost Shive or Shunyata Venom powercord is recommended.
Stop fooling around, go for a sony 595 at $60 from SonyStyle. I dare you to spend more until you 'hear' it.
My 5400 replaced a Sony 777 and it is much better and you will eventually have sled problems with a used 777 or scd-1
I would definitely buy the XA5400ES, use it as is to get used to the sound of the unit for four months or so and then consider either the Modwright or Vacuum State upgrades to it. The stock XA5400ES is very nice out of the box. Some report the Sony improves with use. I'm not touching that one. Modwright and Vacuum State have upgrades which make the Sony competitive with CD/SACD players selling for two-three times the cost of the upgraded Sony. I have heard both upgrades and own one, and the one I own is not necessarily better, but it serves my needs better. If you see a resale Modwright XA5400ES for sale act fast. If vinyl or server based music makes up most of your listening I'd still buy the stock XA5400ES and just leave it stock.