What CDP gets really close to vinyl?

Hello, I have been looking for a CD player that is truly airy, transparent, and in this sense similar to vinyl. So far I did not have much luck. I tried a variety of brands, from Rega to Meridian to Ayre, and now own an EAR Acute. Each of these players is wonderful in its own way, but the sense of spaciousness, air, the "I am there in the symphony hall" feeling has never achieved what I can get with a good turntable and good cart. Has anyone had better luck?
ggavetti
I also think the DCS ring dac architecture is SOTA in its ability to fill in those microdynamics in an ear friendly manner (though it is still just an estimate of what is missing) as a result of its highly randomized dithering capabilities.

Other well executed DACs like the mhdt's at various price points are extremely close however. USe of the tube out stage in the tubed mhdt DACs can help also by applying an ear friendly very high frequency low pass filter, as does a lot of gear out there, either via tubes or other approaches.
One last point. Remember that our ability to hear the highest audible recorded frequencies lessens as we age. Most people, including myself in that category, can no longer hear the very high frequencies that we are talking about where these subtle differences occur.

So for many older golden eared audiophiles, this last degree of detail that might not be there with CD redbook is a non-issue and everything can be 100% golden.

Your dog may be able to hear such things and care but we golden eared audiophiles will never know.....

FWIW, my dog sits and listens to music with me often and seems to enjoy it. I can see his ears twitch and move in accordance with what is playing, so I know that he at least gets it in general!
The literature says barely 60 db for vinyl and 90 for CD. That depends on the recording. I have had folks at my place who are record heads. They left with big grins on their faces.
Oh btw Muralman as follow up to your Listz comments above. Last night I pulled out a Mercury Living Presence remastering of Ennesco and Liszt Hungarian Rhapsodies compliation Antal Dorati conducting the London Symphony Orchestra, haven't listened to it in years and certainly never heard it like this, let me tell you! The 2nd Rhapsody was quite mind boggling in the way this DAC presented the dynamic contrasts in this piece which is really a piano piece. The opening grabs you in the gut, very rich, tonally accurate organic presentation.

On really great piano recordings I am hearing the dynamics and weight as never before on my previous lowly digital set-up but I must say is rivaling my vinyl rig. The verdict is still out on the high frequency performance compared to vinyl especially with orchestral music as I am still experimenting around and putting this DAC through the paces. Also ordered a few of the recommended tubes, we'll see but I am REALLY impressed now.
I was not aware there is a spec dynamic range limit for vinyl?

If there is, it is quite old and hence not surprising if newer CD redbook specs surpass it.

Seems to me though that in practice the only limit for vinyl dynamic range is how much modulation can be represented in the grooves and practically how well any record player might be able to track it.

Most record players from the golden age of vinyl were not particularly excellent trackers like more modern tables that ironically came about mostly late in the game and as the tide of digital started to appear on the horizon. So practically if you wanted to sell lots of records, the dynamic range had to be limited in order for people to practically be able to play the record.

Of course there was a small niche for audiophile recordings even back then that raised the general bar, but again this became more of a specialty niche for recordings way before digital ever reared its revolutionary head.