What CDP gets really close to vinyl?

Hello, I have been looking for a CD player that is truly airy, transparent, and in this sense similar to vinyl. So far I did not have much luck. I tried a variety of brands, from Rega to Meridian to Ayre, and now own an EAR Acute. Each of these players is wonderful in its own way, but the sense of spaciousness, air, the "I am there in the symphony hall" feeling has never achieved what I can get with a good turntable and good cart. Has anyone had better luck?
ggavetti
About seven or eight years ago I purchased a used Resolution Audio CD50 and thought this "thing is pretty good." The more I listened to it the more impressed I was. Not long after I sold off my vinyl collection. Every once in a while I feel a twinge of regret but that's only natural. I honestly can't count how many times I've tried to replace this cdp with something better.
Now the CD50 is very old technology and should have been surpassed by now but it just sounds like music to me. That statement should sound familiar to any vinyl lover.
If the transport dies and can't be replaced I'll contact Jeff Kalt at Resolution Audio to see what it would cost to have it modified for use as a dac.
I agree with the comments made by Zmanastronomy, Steelhead and Macdadtexas. I own an ARC CD-7, which is a fine CD player. However, I recently started to reacquaint myself with my old vinyl. I serviced and upgraded my old TT, and bought a new cartridge. Frankly, I was very surprised by how good the old vinyl sounded compared to the CDP, even with the old TT and beat up records. I suspect the problem with CD has to do with the formatting. The technology is 30 years old.

My problem is that I am not familiar with the new stuff coming on line. However, at some point, I may start exploring the benefit of using a DAC, e.g., the ARC DAC-8.

Hey, Macdadtexas, got a question. You said that "if you download your CD's to digital files, then run the music through a good DAC off of a music server, I think it sounds much better than CD. You take much of the mechanical error out of the equation."

Could you provide a simple explanation of how a DAC can improve the sound playback of a convention CD that's formatted using the old technology? I would have thought that part of the problem is that the standard formatting technology loses a lot of sound information during digital encoding.

Thanks.
I see posts of people wanting solid state equipment to sound like tube. Cd to sound like vinyl. Why is it so difficult? Just get a tube amp or use vinyl records.
One that costs $90K, as reviewed on the high-endaudio.com site. Sal is drooling, since he cannot afford such joy. Hey, there is hope, if we get to audio heaven.