mcintosh mcd-1100 vs ayon cd5s, audio aero cpdplay

hi, i want to buy a mcintosh mcd-1100 cdplayer, is better than ayon cd5s or audio aero prestige?
128x128orionpcgames
Please keep in mind that Audiofreakgeek is a dealer and currently has AA gear for sale here. His comment should be fully discredited.
He needs to disclose this info...this is not the first time this has come up.
Please keep in mind that Audiofreakgeek is a dealer and currently has AA gear for sale here. His comment should be fully discredited.
He needs to disclose this info...this is not the first time this has come up.
I agree!

As for the AA unit, good luck if you need it serviced!
I sold my Burmester 089 and bought a CDP w/ digital inputs and volume control- the Wadia S7i, and had it modded by Steve Huntley at Great Northern Sound Company. This is best digital gear I have ever heard in my life, including a $70K Burmester combo. I did pair it with a tubed pre- the Concert Fidelity CF 080. I believe tubes belong in the preamp and not the sourse. Just my humble opinion
Had the Mcintosh mcd1100 around 9 months now, can't compare it to the other players but can to the Meridian 808.2 which it replaced. Please excuse my lack of fancy words as I'm only a blue collar feller with expensive taste. The Mcintosh in my system, (c1000 preamp, 1.2kw monos, B&W 800ds, AQ Wild cabling and 3 dedicated 20amp w/isolated ground outlets in a large room with no reflection issues) is a step above the Meridian. The Mc goes higher, has greater transparency with more detail, keeps the same level of natural tonality, has improved imagining, has an even lower noise floor and much stronger bass response. That being said the Meridian was very easy to love, and on lesser recordings is much more forgiving and in some cases improves on discs with digital glare. If I could afford both I would buy another Meridian, but since I can't I'll keep the Mcintosh. just my 2 $ YMMV