Brystrons NEW BDP-1 Digital Player

This new product from Bryston caught my attention while researching for a Dac. This is Brystrons front end digital player and is for use with their dac or any dac. Since this is so new to the MFG website it does not yet list a user manual for download.I read their description of what it is and how it works EXCEPT how an Ipad or in my case a Mac Book can be used as a remote.They it will work but not how it is done.Any Dealers out their have one of these or an enduser? Would really like to learn more about it. Hope someone is in the know.
mystang
Acheung Do you use any thumb drives or an attached HD? I'am wondering how many minutes of play time you can get from a 16 GB thumb drive if it was full? If your'e not sure anyone else Know? If you use an attached HD I assume each time you turn the unit off and then back on it must rescan the HD before it will play correct?
I have not used a thumb drive except for the included bryston sampler thumb drive which only has 5-6 songs on it. I have 120 gig solid state hard drive and 350 gig regular hard drive. How many songs will fit will be determined by what format you are ripping to ie mp3, wave, flac, and by the resolution of the original source (16bit 44.1 khz, 24 bit 96 khz etc). If you google 16bit vs 24 bit ,you will find your answer. The bdp-1 does have to scan the hard drive each time it is turned on. One of the weakness of the bdp-1 is the time it takes to turn on (ie it boots up like a computer) and the larger the your music library is, the longer it takes to load.