Blue Moon Award for Burson Audio's new DAC/Preamp

Interesting review just publised by 6moons.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/burson5/1.html

Srajan rated this new DAC/Preamp/Headphone amp higher than some of the industry heavy weights. He liked it more than the Weiss Dac. And given the price difference he awarded it the Blue Moon. Has anyone tried it yet?
singleendedsingle
I would say he is describing an amp and it's ability to portray an event that mimics reality without being too etched, which would draw one's attention away from said event to concentrate more on the individual performers, losing the magic of the moment.
Nonoise,
This description of tones-overtones and harmonic seperation of indivdual notes with decay characteristics could apply to any component. As all components in the audio system would contribute. Even cables would exert a sonic influence.
Charles1dad,
Yes, it would. Being an avid reader of Srajan's reviews, I believe he tends to delve into these characteristics more when it tends to be an amp review. My guess was nothing more than that: a guess based on a perception of what I think he's been saying all these years.
Nonoise I understand your point, I`m also an avid reader of his reviews and do look forward to them.
Charles1dad,
I think the appeal of Srajan's style has to be his being German born and classically educated, a world traveler, and having spent so much time in America. What seems, at first blush, to be an incongruence, grammatically, is actually old world rooted and spot on. Our language has lots of Germanic influence but the structure of the sentences are different. I only had two years of high school German but can appreciate the wordship he employs.
I've always been in awe of someone with that talent. Another writer with similar style and humor was L.J.K. Setright, who wrote for 'CAR' magazine back in the '80s. He would turn a car review into a treatise that kept you captivated and in the end, you'd kind of forget about the car as an object and instead, how it related to the world.