Esoteric K-01

Has anybody had an opportunity to listen to the recently announced Esoteric K-01? I was also wondering about the price. Thanks
thefirstchorus
Denon1, if your integrated amp has an input for an external preamplifier, you should be able to connect K-03 to that input directly, or through an XLR 2 RCA adapter. G.
I have not Tried the K-01 DIRECT TO THE AMPLIFIER. HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS YET? HOW DOES IT COMPARE WITH PLAYING IT THROUGH A HIGH-END PRE-AMP?
Hey guys,

I just got delivery on the K-01, up till now I have been playing 5-6 CDs which means 7-8 hours already.
Understand it's still long way to fully broken in and have stabilise sounding, any K-01 owners can suggest the best way forward to get the break in done?

Thank you for any advise in advance.

Cheers
Epic, I'm afraid there may be no substitute to putting K-01 on continuous repeat on some "meaty" material with lots of dynamics and complexity. Once a day turn the device off for 30 minutes and then restart the process.... and change sampling rate and filtering each time. On my X-01 breaking lasted a little over 1200 hours.... K-01, being based on AKM DACs instead of Burr Brown, may be different in this last respect. No need to leave your amplifier on during K-01 break-in.
Call Esoteric in USA, tell them you just purchased a K-01, ask them if the would send you a copy of their break-in CD. Set the K-01 to the cd setting you like best and play the break-in cd on repeat disc for at least 500 hours nonstop at very low volume (or any volume you want). I have been informed by Esoteric that every setting would require a break-in of at least 500 hours (including SACD, various filters and upsampling settings). For SACD break in, use an SACD with great dynamics. I have read that break in requires continuous play (ie: not turning off the machine) of at least 500 hours, not cummulative start and stop. I do not know if there is a scientific basis to the need for continuous play, it may be nothing more than opinion of a self proclaimed expert that has been perpetuated.
Despite what Esoteric and many others have said about the improvement with break in, I think the K-01 sounds great right out of the box, once it is warmed up. I think any improvement with break in is subtle.
Enjoy!