Mcintosh MVP871 vs Krell SACD

Has anyone compared these players on SACD/Readbook?I have heard that the Mac is just a Denon?
thanks
mclsound
I guess I am having troubles with loosing $4500 in players and then putting in another $1500 for a problematic situation that was never the consumers fault(ever).It seems like a game to some but for me this is a lot of hard work money gone down the tube and all I get is exscuses.The Krell warranty repair shop in Brampton,Ont. is just a shop full of excuses that is making me rethink about my brand loyalty and making sure people never go through the situation I am in....
I see your point with the players. I would never give that shop any more business. Another option would be to ship the player to Krell for the upgrade. It would be a hassle, but the work would be done right.
Foster_9, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the new drives simple computer CD/DVD-Rom drives? I am not trying to start something or a rumor or anything, but that was my understanding. Not that I even think that is an aweful approach either, at least if they are CD-Rom (computer) drives they are owner replaceable which is a real benefit. Although I didn't think those drives were set-up to read the SACD layers.?.
So let me try and understand this correctly!!Not only do we the consumer get screwed for a drive system but the $1500 replacement is a cheap computer drive?
I will not do this.
As for the shop,I not only gave them business,but recomended them.One fella sent his 600c in for caps(a half hour drive)and it took them 4 months.He feels like a VIP knowing my player has been with them for 500 days.I am incredibly saddend by all of this and donnot know how to just watch $4500 of my money dissapear while they give me nothing but excuses.NOT OUR FAULT.
I've been down this road before with Krell. But delt with them directly.
When my drive went down in my sacd standard. They upgraded it for free
after demanding it. If your unit is still under warranty call Krell (do not
email them) and ask for the service manager or the vice president of the
company. They should help you out. Keep demanding a free upgrade to
version 3 or if you can trade it in for one of their new models which are
way better than the sacd standard. Even their cheaper $2500 one is
better. If you any trouble message me directly.